The Victory Theatre opened in 1920 in Holyoke Massachusetts. The name is reference to the Allied Victory in the World War. It had a capacity of 1,680 and was built in an Art Deco architecture. The theatre would show silent films with parts of a live performances. The stage couldn’t handle big live productions since the depth of the stage was too short. Later all performances would be canceled once talking pictures became popular. The theatre had a fire in 1942 but still continued to operate through out the years until it closed in 1979. It sat abandoned for almost 40 years while restorations project and fund raising to restore the building back to its former glory. It is now owned by the Massachusetts International Festival of the Arts.